On Tuesday, November 24, One Coast premiered the second episode of its brand new “In-the-Kitchen Series” — a cooking show on Instagram Live featuring local chefs and filmed in Townhome 604’s oceanfront kitchen. The special holiday episode invited Chef Jen — owner and head chef of culinary company Jenerations — to show viewers her creative and quick techniques for preparing Thanksgiving leftovers. Beyond providing expert tips and tricks for upcoming holiday meals, the event offered an exciting glimpse inside One Coast’s airy kitchen space featuring expansive ocean vistas and Wolf® and Sub-Zero® appliances.
Below, watch Chef Jen’s episode and find the five featured recipes that you’ll want to return to year after year.
Watch or Rewatch
View this post on Instagram
Cranberry Sauce Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour or sub all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup cranberry sauce homemade or store-bought
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a muffin tin with muffin liners and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder. and salt.
- In a separate medium bowl, beat the eggs and add cranberry sauce, honey, applesauce, oil, and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly among 12 muffin cups. The cups will be nearly full.
- Bake at 350 for 17-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
Turkey, Cranberry & Brie Grilled Cheese
- 1 cup celery (diced)
- 1/2 cup red onion (finely chopped)
- 4 cups turkey (cooked diced)
- Optional: 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt (to taste)
- 8 to 12 slices of bread
- 3 oz Brie cheese rind cut off, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp cranberry sauce
- Preheat a medium sauté pan over medium heat and lightly grease it.
- Place bread in the pan and separate brie slices among the two slices of bread. Let it start melting.
- Layer turkey salad over one slice of bread and then cranberry sauce on top of turkey.
- Cover with second slice of bread and press lightly.
- Finish the grilled cheese until bread is golden and cheese is melted.
Creamy Pumpkin Soup
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 white onion (small chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 15 ounces pure pumpkin puree (1 can)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Kosher salt
- Crème fraîche (for garnish, optional)
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Once the butter is just beginning to brown, add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, sugar, cinnamon, pepper, nutmeg and cayenne pepper and cook for 3 minutes. Add the pumpkin puree and vegetable broth, stir to incorporate, season with salt and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in the cream and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to a blender (or use an immersion blender in the pot) and puree until smooth. If needed, add additional water or broth to reach desired consistency. Return the mixture to the pot or large a sauce pan. Serve warm and drizzle with crème fraiche.
Stuffing Stuffed Mushrooms
- Mix 1 cup leftover stuffing with 1/4 cup grated parmesan, and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Stuff into 24 button mushroom caps; top with more parmesan and olive oil. Bake 20 to 25 minutes at 375 degrees.
Panko Potato Cakes
- 3 cups cold leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt adjust to your taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil for heating
- Mix the mashed potatoes, eggs, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper together in a bowl.
- Stir in the cheese
- Form the mixture into 8 patties.
- Coat the patties in panko.
- Heat oil over medium heat and pan-fry the patties about 4 minutes per side.
- Remove and drain on a paper towel.
- Serve immediately.
A Closer Look Inside One Coast’s Oceanfront Kitchens
State-of-the-art kitchens at One Coast captivate with a sleek, contemporary design, top-tier appliances and a wide-open, light-filled space that inspires dwellers to experiment in the kitchen a little more than usual. One Coast kitchens are complete with a Sub-Zero® 48” built-in refrigerator and freezer and Wolf® gas range and double oven, speed oven/microwave, wall hood, warming drawer and coffee maker — making whipping up new recipes, hosting an extravagant dinner party or preparing a rich cup of coffee to enjoy on the terrace an effortless, luxurious activity. And, with kitchens equipped with ASKO® 24” dishwasher and Artisan double bowl sink, clean-up is a breeze.